Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for very quiet 3 and 4 in. hood fans to mount 2 in the back of a 125H g tank, just to minimize tank heat if necessary in the summer, as posters here said my Advance ballasts should run cool (one pointed out that his Tek fixture uses Advance ballasts, and the fixture doesn't get above warm to the touch).

Any good models that will plug into outlet (so can be plugged into timer) and good sources for them?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm afraid either way, from computer use or aquarium use, you have to pay more for quiet fans. Probably a good idea for me to call some reef supply houses.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found this very quiet AC power supply fan which looks very promising and the price is not bad at $25:

http://www.buyextras.com/cafanmokione1.html It's not variable speed auto, but it's variable speed manual adjustable at 6 speeds.

There are auto variable speed fans from a marine supply house I believe for only $8-10 more than the above, but I'm waiting on dB noise estimates from the marine supplier which I hope to receive tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.