Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
425 Posts
I've learned a few lessons on the few plants I have shipped.

1. If you use zip lock style bags tape them shut too. That way if the big accidentally opens the water you have inside won't leak out and ruin the box and/or leave the plants to dry out. I had some plants sent to me this way and the box was soaked. It made it and the moss survived but I bet it could have been worse.

2. Don't ship the plants with too much water. You just need enough to keep them moist not soaking wet. I had some clippings I sent with too much water and they pretty much rotted because I put way to much water in the bag. I had them wrapped in paper towels but I also added some water to the bag.

Oh well that's what I have learned.

· Registered
425 Posts
I've learned a few lessons on the few plants I have shipped.

1. If you use zip lock style bags tape them shut too. That way if the big accidentally opens the water you have inside won't leak out and ruin the box and/or leave the plants to dry out. I had some plants sent to me this way and the box was soaked. It made it and the moss survived but I bet it could have been worse.

2. Don't ship the plants with too much water. You just need enough to keep them moist not soaking wet. I had some clippings I sent with too much water and they pretty much rotted because I put way to much water in the bag. I had them wrapped in paper towels but I also added some water to the bag.

Oh well that's what I have learned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.