Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
I get these boxes from USPS...FREE!
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...01&categoryId=13354&productId=11645&langId=-1
Also, I learned how to pay for shipping with Paypal and print labels. You can also arrange USPS to pick the package up at your house, or in your mailbox, etc. For me, I just leave the packages in the box before the mail comes and the mailman takes it with him. So I don't worry about arranging pickup online (plus you have to arrange the day before)
I just use packing tape to tape the printed labels onto the box, leaving the bar code untaped.
This works out very slick. Simplifies things a lot!

I just use newspaper to pack the boxes. The plants are light so the boxes just need a light "fill". No need to mess with peanuts or shredded paper IMO.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
So - let me summarize:

1) Order priority-mail boxes and priority mail address labels from USPS.com - they are free. They should arrive in a few days.
2) When you receive payment via Paypal (is there any other way?), there will be an option to initiate/pay for shipping directly from Paypal, and print an invoice and shipping label right from your computer.
3) Package the items using your most preferred method of plant/fish transportation.
4) Put in your home mailbox - and your postman will pick up
5) The "Order-ee" gets his plants in 2-3 days.

Do I have this right?

- Jeff
You got it!
You can also drop off the package at a post office if you don't want it to sit in your mailbox - (if you live in a cold area or something)

Also, priority is $4.75 online - Saves you a whole $0.05

1 - 4 of 4 Posts