Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with their shrimp after switching to Prime? I always used API Stresscoat for water changes and a couple of weeks ago I switched to Prime. The only other change that I made is that I am now adding water directly to the tank after adding the prime instead of adding bucket by bucket like I did for sooo long.

In the past few weeks I have been losing amanos and ghost shrimp which were doing very well for months before. One of my Amanos even bred while in this tank.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I also changed the source of water form my kitchen sink to the bathroom sink. I live in a condo so this may make a difference due to the piping in the building being different. Does anyone know of a way to test for Copper or other heavy metals?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am using EI dosing right now so I change 50% every week in my 55 gallon. So I guess around 10 to 15 minutes to fill between 25 and 30 gallons. I just started doing this so I don't have a lot of experience with fill rates. Is this OK or is slower necessary?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.