Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been acquiring some shrimps for a while now. I thought I should share some of the pictures:

OEBT

CRS

Black Tiger

Panda

Tangerine Tiger

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are the shrimp easy to breed? do those varieties breed in full freshwater? the ones I have here in NZ need a higher salinity level to breed and is quite difficult to replicate spwawning conditions.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the shrimp easy to breed? do those varieties breed in full freshwater? the ones I have here in NZ need a higher salinity level to breed and is quite difficult to replicate spwawning conditions.
The Panda (BKK) shrimps are very difficult to breed. Mine actually died before I could do anything with it. The other ones are fairly easy, given that the water conditions are good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
He does all the pics taking, I just take the credit for it :D
As soon as I saw the first photo I thought "Hey! Somebody stole Nick's photos" but then I remembered that his significant other posted over here so I scrolled down to see this post.

I do love the Tangerine Tiger photos. With a cheap point and shoot I can't get mine to look like anything other than an orange blob.

How do you feel about the behavior of the TTs? Aggressive, entertaining, boring, etc.?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As soon as I saw the first photo I thought "Hey! Somebody stole Nick's photos" but then I remembered that his significant other posted over here so I scrolled down to see this post.

I do love the Tangerine Tiger photos. With a cheap point and shoot I can't get mine to look like anything other than an orange blob.

How do you feel about the behavior of the TTs? Aggressive, entertaining, boring, etc.?
The TTs aren't as active as the OEBT. I think they aren't as aggressive as the OEBT as well.

I really like the TT photos as well. Especially, the one with the TTs and OEBT.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those Tangerine Tigers look amazing! All your pictures are gorgeous. I wish I could take pictures like that. How hardy are the Tangerine Tigers?
Thanks for the kind words. The adults are doing well. However, the babies keep disappearing :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow. If only the pictures came to life lol. Now I got the shrimp wanting bug after seeing these pics. Awesome looking shrimp
Wait until you see the stuff I am getting by the end of the week :) I'll post up some pictures.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The ones in the pictures are from local hobbyist. The ones coming at the end of the week are being legally imported from overseas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The new shrimp are actually more amazing looking than I had expected. The K14s are a fascinating looking high grade CRS and the Red Tigers are really awesome looking.

Hopefully this thread will get update in future with some of Nick's pics of the new shrimp.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts