Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ADA tanks don't have the extra silicone that every US tank has. I'm talking about the silicone that looks like extra material left on the glass and is usually spread on the glass as a thin strip.

Does anyone know if that "extra" silicone has some purpose or it's just a result of the way the glue is applied?

--Nikolay

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I would think it is from US builders constructing to a price-point and the extra effort involved is not cost effective.

Then again I may be completely wrong....

·
Registered
886 Posts
And it seems like it would be easier to make a water proof seal that way. I ordered a garden cube style tank, it should arrive in a couple of weeks. I requested seamless edges, so I will post pics of how they turned out.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The tanks I used to get in Italy were the same, silicon was used on the two surfaces that are in contact with one another and didn't have the big run of silicon on the inside that looks like it has been spread out with a run of someone's finger. The glass however was thicker comparing it to same size AGA tanks I have now and there was no rim on top or bottom. But prices weren't as cheap as AGA so I guess you get what you pay for.

Giancarlo Podio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts