Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I really can't say anything right now that I don't like. I think it looks much more bright and modern now, and I've had no trouble navigating as of late. Good job!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I miss the clickable emoticons.
For some reason a bunch of the codes I've tried don't work right. :-?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Jan,

I think you are misisng the clickable emticons and other handy icons due to your settings. ](*,)

Open MyAPC found in upper riight on blue nav bar.

Select Edit Options

Scroll to bottom of page, and the editor setting is in the Misc. Options

Select Standard Editor and then click on Save button below that to save changes.

That should give you many new options in the reply panel.

:axe: :drinkers: :toimonst:

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
The new format is nice once I got used to it.

The thing I miss is the "your posts" button which quickly gives you a list of all your posts across the forum...

Is there anyway to do that here?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Thanks Gnaster, that did it.
Why did you do this ](*,) though? Was it really that much of a no brainer?? :razz: Maybe you shouldn't answer that.... LOL! #-o

·
Registered
93 Posts
Laith,

Thank you for becoming a Supporting member. :)

Click on Search then Advanced Search. On the top right is a box that allows you to insert your username and find all your posts. I'll see about making this a quick link item.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
JanS said:
Thanks Gnaster, that did it.
Why did you do this ](*,) though? Was it really that much of a no brainer?? :razz: Maybe you shouldn't answer that.... LOL! #-o
Glad to help.

I used that icon cause you were running into a brick wall trying to figure out where the emoticons went.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Folks,

We changed to vBulletin forum software from phpBB2 for many reasons. They key ones were the constant patching to keep it running, the lack of administrative functionality and the worm attacks. Since we needed to change, we took the opportunity to give APC a fresh new look.

As always, we are a work-in-progress and your opinions and feedback are used to continue to fine-tune the look and functionality of this- your Aquatic Plant Central.

So...please, please tell us what you think. Don't like something? Tell us. You may just find your feedback results in a change. Of course, we'd also love to hear what you do like about the site.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Yesterday and today the navigation link won't take you back to the forum index like it used to. If you click it, it keeps bringing you back to whichever forum you were in.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
The one to the left of "welcome Jan", in the same box.

Aquatic Plant Central- an aquarium plants community. > Other Forums > Site feedback > Site feedback Thread

It used to work to click on the APC part to get back to the main index.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ive got the same thing Jan. Its got the added -an aquarium plants community. This is also the name that shows up on my new emails from subscribed threads. I dunno if it was intentionally added or not but its annoying ...

Im using avant browser.

Andrew

·
Registered
886 Posts
I had the first problem that Jans had. Maybe set the default to show the emoticons and tags for new users. I don't think new users would ever think of looking under options.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
depthc said:
Ive got the same thing Jan. Its got the added -an aquarium plants community. This is also the name that shows up on my new emails from subscribed threads. I dunno if it was intentionally added or not but its annoying ...

Im using avant browser.

Andrew
Hi Andrew.

1) You still have the problem Jan is having with the Aquatic Plant Central breadcrumb not working. Correct?

2) You don't like the "an aquarium plants community" appearing throughout the site. This was added as a way to increase our pageranking with the keywords "aquarium plants" in search engines. So you're finding it annoying? I was afraid of that. It is such a fine line between adding enough word density to get a good ranking in search engines and becoming annoying to members. I'll throttle the "aquarium plants" back.

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IUnknown said:
I had the first problem that Jans had. Maybe set the default to show the emoticons and tags for new users. I don't think new users would ever think of looking under options.
Hi,

1) You too have the link problem? What browser are you using?

2) Good point on the default emoticons and tags. I'll look into doing that.

Thanks for your feedback. ;-)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Firefox here too. When I click on "Aquatic Plant Central- an aquarium plants community" (which should actually be "Aquatic Plant Central: An Aquarium Plants Community" (sorry--grammar Nazi here ;)), it doesn't take me to the forum page that it used to, it just reloads the current thread I'm looking at.

Another think is that I don't think the blue and the green/yellow mesh so well. When I first saw it it really turned me off because I thought it looked cartoony. The color scheme on the old site was much better, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts