Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo, at first sorry for my english. Since 3 weeks i have a problem with a sort of slime black algae. That algae appears as a patina on the superior part of plants specially during the lighting period (8 hours/day). I can easily remove that patina but the day after the problem persist.
What i have to do?

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are my tank parameters:
Tank size: 180 net liters
Lighting: 4x39w T5 6500K 8 hours/day

Water paramaters:
KH 4
GH 6
Ph 6,6-6,8 (i am using Co2 24h/day)
No3-Po4: i am adding them by KNO3 and KHPO4 solutions to reach +/- NO3 5 ppm PO4 0,5

At microscopic (an old and not powerful microscope..) view that patina appears as a series of globules with a dot on the center.
Thanks all.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the replies.
Before applying an antibiotic treatment i tried with Protalon 707 ( produced by Esha) and 2 days blackout. Actually the situation is ok. I can see few residuals of the slime only on some plants and always in the same point. I hope in a complete solution. This is a pic of 2 days ago. I made some changements especially for the glosso "bed" and i'am waiting the complete re-growth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.