Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree, general shape of it looks like a nerite. Never seen that particular color pattern before though.

If it is indeed a nerite, then you're in luck as they are great snails. Eat lots of algae, including some kinds no other snails will touch, and best of all, they can't reproduce in freshwater so you don't have to worry about your tank being overrun by them. (If this is in a brackish or saltwater tank, that's another story...)

·
Registered
499 Posts
I can top that one. I got 5 Olive Nerites from a LFS for FREE! I got them as "pest snails".
I go there a little more often now and look for the nerite eggs on their Brigs snails.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can top that one. I got 5 Olive Nerites from a LFS for FREE! I got them as "pest snails".
I go there a little more often now and look for the nerite eggs on their Brigs snails.
LOL I thought I was the only one that does that....

Also that looks to be a nerite that was brought out of saltwater to freshwater.I dont know why someone would take the time to do this, (Aclimate from salt to brackish to freshwater). Either that or he is one of the strong shall survive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts