Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have been working on my my 29 planted tank for a while and currently the inhabitants include 5 oto's, 5 amano shrimp, and a ridiculous amount of small snails. I have not decided on a "showpiece" fish selection for the tank, and while the snails are probably not a terrible issue, they are driving me nuts. The question I have is what I going coexist with the amanos, but bash the snails? I have read the amano book and his recommendation was the dwarf frog, but I want to make sure that it won't wail on the shrimp. Loaches are another option, but I think the shrimp issue is still going to be there. Any thoughts?
for absolute snail destruction clown loaches! i purchased three 1.5" size ones let them go to town for a couple of months then sold them back to the fish store for a little more then i paid because they where almost 3" when i was done with them. clown loaches grow faster if they are in tanks that have water changed often and places that make them feel safe like a planted tank:cool:

·
Registered
525 Posts
woops forgot about the shrimp...... hmmmmm dwarf freshwater puffers like snails not sure if shrimp safe. amano shrimp are much easier to replace then 500 snails are to get rid of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts