Aquatic Plant Forum banner

So... whats the deal with the South Florida Aquatic plant nuts??

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  skids 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

So is there a S. Florida aquatic plant society or not? Just curious it seems like one was never started :/ I'm in Miami, FL just curious as to where the other South Floridians are :) Are there meeting going on?

Kindest Regards,
-Jc

#2 ·
There seems to be some momentum going, I have been to a few Gold Coast Aqautic Society meets in Hollywood and they are building again. They are in interested in getting some plant speakers so I suggested a few who have spoke at Aquatic Gardener Assoc coventions. They are working on logistics and booking.

They will be having a fish show at Flamingo Gardens in Davie Apr 5 and 6th. They adopted the ponds there, cleaned them up, fixed filters, restocked with Cichlids (africans mostly but also local canal caught jaquar and other cichids) and are expecting to "debut" them at the show. Most died in recent cold snap so they are restocking this week. The albino oscars made it ok.

Current issue is algae mats in smaller pond, they haven't got it under control yet. Current thought is too much feeding of a food fish aren't eating is driving up the nutrients too high. I will probably collect water to test next time I go. I'm thinking about gathering up some 3 foot sailfin plecos from all those folks who bought them as little cute guys. Issue is water is unbuffered it is currently at 72 degrees, 8.5 pH, and 350 ppm. That is in part from the incoming Davie water but also cement lining.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.