Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a couple of questions if you dont mind taking a look at.

I noticed by reading previous posts that you use strictly R.O. Water.

Well, my tap water at home is strictly rain water. I have a 10,000 gal catchment tank which is always full... Its rains so much here.

After testing my water, I have found the KH to be 0 or maybe 1, and GH to be 2 or 3...PH is 6.0 to 6.2...

My question is, is this sutiable for plants or do I need to be adding something?

Here is what I have:
55gal
c02 regulator set-up (azoo brand)
Coralife Frestwater CF 260W
Eco-complete

What should I be adding to my water? Do I need to raise the KH a bit???
What about the PH? will it be too low after the addition of c02?

I haven't yet set-up this tank... I wanted to get everything set before I started.

If I do need to add something to my water, then how ofter and how much should I be adding? After each water change?

I have read the R.O./ D.I. post but don't fully understand it? (new to this)

Next question pertains to Ferts...

I have Flourish and Flourish Iron but want to do a PMDD type...

What kind of "recipe" do you suggest I put together... being that I have soft water?

I know this is a lot of questions but thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Thanks Josh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so what would be the proper way to raise the KH and GH?

Baking soda, epsom salts, calcium chloride? (Id rather use this stuff than the seachem equilibrium stuff)

If I have a 55 gal tank.... what would be the proper doses?

Thanks Josh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phil, So what your saying is to add only Equilibrium and I should be fine? For the KH and GH? or should I still be adding the epsom salts and calcium chloride with the Equilibrium?

For a 55 gal tank how much of each should I be adding?

Thanks Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.