Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I still think the percentage of lime is too high. Little bit of that goes a long way. Perhaps increase the laterite? Also, that azomite sounds like some good stuff. Im excited to see how this goes!

·
Registered
67 Posts
"The anoxic layer is important and I feel poorly publicized and discussed. This is the nexus for the carbon cycle and the universe of the sulfur cycle which plays a very important part of the iron cycle. This ought to be given its own thread but it has been mentioned by other luminaries like Tom Barr and wetman (aka The Skeptical Aquarist) and is an important foundation piece of ecology in general."

Can we start a thread on this?!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am under the assumption that we will be providing plenty of N and P from fish food, mulm, among other things. Ukamikazu stated earlier that he felt it was safer to stay lean in the N and P department. This is experimental at best and I think its wise for now. I am sure once more people have toyed with this substrate we will see ratios tweaked and possibly new ingredients and/or removed ingredients.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.