Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I really want to give this a try, I am currently setting a 240 planted tank and have already started the MTS process. I would love to find some humus to use instead, but all the stuff I seem to find here is still very organic. Would the substrate/cap that you listed in your last post be superior to eco complete? I have about 3 1/2 bags of eco left from a tank that I tore down and was gonna wash it and cap with that for the CEC property of it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
any idea as to how much not using humus would effect your recipe? the only source I can find local for humus is indoor grow stores and they are selling it by the .5 cubic foot bag for a healthy price. also there is no way i can see whether there is anything organic left in it without buying one of each brand. I am interested in the recipe and willing to try it. my batch of dirt should be done fairly quickly since it is still warm here 85+ most days. what do you think is the fastest I could feel comfortable completing the mineralization of the soil? I was imagining 2-4 wetting and drying cycles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.