Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ahh tweezers, I just bought a pair of those off of ya today mike. I can't wait to get em so I can throw my more inferior pair of tweezers out the window.

Matt

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yah you did! Hey they are going out tomorrow.

I still use them big plastic goofy ones I have. They come in handy when my dog is being goofy and I am trying to do some work on the tank. He loves to bark at them when I take his tennis ball from him. Some day I am going to glue some googly eyes and buck teeth on them and chase him around. Would be funny. Well for me at least. :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
yo yo mikey, hehe, that's the exact same tools i have tooo...the tweezers are the same, the scissors the same, even the quarter!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That is not Japanese; that is Chinese. I can translate the article if anyone is interested.

Paul

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not sure which of the 3 articles you are refering to, but let me look at each and translate.

I might as well post the entire specs of each article:

article one:

size:90cm(L)x45cm(W)x45cm(H)
lighting System:ADA 903x2(NA32wx5 or 4).....8hr/day
Substrate System:BRUSTMANN Substrate, 美國矽砂(roughly translates
into American fine sand; some sort of silicate?),ADA
Iron Bottom,BRUSTMANN Liquid Fertilizer
CO2 System:1.8kg aluminium CO2,ADA Pollen Glass Beetle
40D.....1sec3~4bubbles
Filter System:hydor 30 filter、BRUSTMANN white cotton(wool?)、
BRUSTMANN activated carbon.....change every 3 mons

article two:

lighting system is likely ADA...this guy said he used 4X30W
I will leave the rest up to you guys to look at because his pictures are really clear with detailed explanations. If you still wanna know any particular words then let me know.

article three:

lighting is a T4 60W DIY retrofit of a standard 15W hood which he later changed to DIY 3X24W

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hub - give me my quarter back you klepto.

Paul - Thanks for translating. Not much different being done I guess. Interesting the light is only on for 8 hours a day on the one tank. Everything I have read always says 10-12 hours a day.

·
Registered
216 Posts
mm12463 said:
Hub - give me my quarter back you klepto.

Paul - Thanks for translating. Not much different being done I guess. Interesting the light is only on for 8 hours a day on the one tank. Everything I have read always says 10-12 hours a day.
8~12 hrs a day is all good. 8 hrs is enough for some plants. depends on what plants you have i think. less light = less algae problem, but not always, depends on all conditions. my light hr depends on tank size between 8~10 hrs. no more than 10 hrs a day. :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
302 Posts
are there any problems associated with a lower light period???

For example, I been running my tank 8 hours of light a day.
My rotala, bacopa, etenellus, sag subulata are fine, but my ludwigia repens is shedding all its lower leaves and the new growth appears stunted... does anyone know why?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Maybe the lower leaves arent getting the light that they require. You could try keeping it on for ten hours and see what happens.

·
Registered
302 Posts
whoa! lol, talk about fast response! Ok, I'll up the light period and see if that makes a difference.

The reason why i let the light go on for only 8 hours originally is cuz i noticed that's about the time when all the plant's leaves close up shop

·
Registered
143 Posts
hubbahubbahehe said:

My rotala, bacopa, etenellus, sag subulata are fine, but my ludwigia repens is shedding all its lower leaves and the new growth appears stunted... does anyone know why?
More likely a nutrient deficiency...

·
Registered
216 Posts
hubbahubbahehe said:

aquoi said:
More likely a nutrient deficiency...
Sir_BlackhOle said:
Maybe the lower leaves arent getting the light that they require. You could try keeping it on for ten hours and see what happens.
those two are all possibilities i think. try 10 hrs a day to see if plants are getting better. if not, its probably a nutrient deficiency.

Tim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts