Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of my wild shrimps collection, I don't know his scienticfic name, we simply call it small shrimp. If you can, please tell me its name and how to breed it:
some cyan ones with dark dots:

This kind have some beautiful white ones but it's so weak and die all. I've had 3 but it all die after two days in my tank!
another type, bigger and stronger with dark colour:

all these shrimps are rescure from being food for fish.
I'll update more picture when I borrow a camera. Sorry because my shooting technique is so bad! ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
do they breeed with cherries?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they won't! It look quite different and some pregnant have very tiny eggs, not big eggs like Cherrys. I think it will breed very small frys and don't know how to keep them!:neutral:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They most likely need brackish water for the young to survive. Very cool looking shrimp.
thanks for telling me that but I don't know how to create a Brackish water enviroment. Do I have to put the pregnant to another tank and add some salt? How about the ingredient? :confused:.
I know that the red-nose shrimp and Yamato shrimp also need that! and I have Red-nose pregnant but never see any frys grow up. They appear and disapear in a week!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I found it in Sai Gon! It's always used as food for fish for years but never be consider to raise in glass tank to wach.
Some fish seller even think me crazy when I ask them to select the special colour ones to raise, so I bought 1000 to 2000 shrimp and when lucky I got 3-4 of nice ones. Selecting them is a little difficult work because of its tiny sizes. But the smaller it is, the easier for them to adapt to my tank environment!
It's hard, but the result is worthy! Right?

·
Registered
117 Posts
alrite when my parents go to the homeland, imma ask them for aquatics stuff...only problems is customs..and will they come to u.s. alive lol......

i like the results for what you did :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Van, nice to see you here, i also leave in hcmc, wonder which shop / street you get these shrimp ? i have tried to find in Nguyen Thong ... however, cannot find any. I am also crazy for shrimp, you can find me in skype jamestran79 or 01228 00 3579

·
Registered
251 Posts
How did you sneak anything from Vietnam over here to the US?

·
Registered
25 Posts
"Some fish seller even think me crazy when I ask them to select the special colour ones to raise"

I imagine that would be like telling my LFS I wanted some particular brine shrimp for breeding purposes... LOL!

Hope it goes well for you, keep us updated on your efforts!

:doh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Some fish seller even think me crazy when I ask them to select the special colour ones to raise"

I imagine that would be like telling my LFS I wanted some particular brine shrimp for breeding purposes... LOL!

Hope it goes well for you, keep us updated on your efforts!

:doh:
thank you, veedubdrouin!
Recently, I set a simple tank for them but I soon discover that they that tank have problem with very high PH, about 8.5 :frusty: . I put 10 Vietnamese Shrimp there and they all died in a week! :(. 5 RC Shrimplet is still alive. I don't know how to lower the Ph parameters, even change 100% underground water with ph = 4.5, Ph in my new tank will raise from 5 (cause some old water left in soils ) to 8 in a night, and stable at 8.5 in 24 hours. Now I use this tank to raise two sulawesi cardinal shrimp, 10 days past and they're stilll alive

. I've just bought another one sulawesi yesterday, this time is a red fire like this:

I stop collecting Viet Shrimp and prepare to set a new tank with ADA Amazonia soils to get a low Ph tank for them and start a new experiment. Hope that I will suceed this time and create a new beautiful Shrimp species!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts