Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep marine tanks but have a FW planted tank in the works so for now ill share some pics of my current setups....

Thats it for now :)

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Very nice reef tank! You have some unique creatures. How many gallons?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 90 gallon sps reef...i have a pair of cuttlefish in a 30 gallon cube and the other photos are of my 36 gallon mixed reef.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you :) here are a few more pics...

Here is an old full tank shot....I have made many upgrades since that photo was taken but i still really like this shot :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats,mate! Great looking marine set up and good photos :supz:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a new fish that i am pretty excited about so i wanted to share some photos :)

And here is an attempt at a macro of two of my larger coral colonies.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Is that an angel of some kind.
Nice SPS btw. I'm working on my first reef currently. A 55g mixed, 25g sump/fuge
430watts, asm g1 skimmer, 2 korlias, ect...man this hobby is expensive. I just need to finish
the plumbing and wiring.
I belong to www.bostonreefers.org without them I'd have another freshwater tank. :bounce:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on your new reef tank and best of luck with it. Id be happy to help with any questions you may have along the way :) and yes it is a red sea regal angel.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its a 90 gallon SPS dominated reef with some LPS...Mainly acan lords are the only lps i collect :) Im running 2X 250W pheonix 14K hqi's, 2x54w Power Chrome T5 actinics and 4 x 1W LED lunar lights. DIY auto top off, 30 gallon sump/fuge, DAS EX-1 skimmer, 40W UV, DIY PO4 fluidized bed reactor, DIY carbon fluidized bed reactor, 1/4 hp chiller, Mag 9.5 return pump, Gen X 1200gph driving all the filtration / chiller off of a DIY manifold. DIY fan hooked up to a a relay on a thermomstat to help with evaporative cooling. UHhhh and the list goes on hahah. I also plan to upgrade to a 6 foot tank when the fish get a bit bigger :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Very nice. Are you running the UV 24/7? Or only with new fish/corals. And are you running a Calc. reactor or using a 2 part.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use kalk in my top off water in the auto top off...The UV i run 24/7. I also have 2 peristalic dosing pumps that dose 2 part daily. I am in an apartment and ran out of real estate to fit a calcium reactor and CO2 setup.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.