Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of my emerged plants: Bacopa sp "Paranai Guazú", Anubia barteri var. nana, etc.

I want to show you some of my emerged plants:

where I grow the plants

Rotala wallichii

Elocharis minima

Glossoestigma elatinoides

Cryptocoryne wendtii "Green"

Rotala macrandra

Myriophyllum tuberculatum

Java moss and Cryptocoryne wendtii "Green"

Bacopa sp "Paranai Guazú"

Flower Bacopa sp "Paranai Guazú"

Anubia barteri var. nana

Rotala rotundifolia

Bye !

Juan

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Some of my emerged plants: Bacopa sp "Paranai Guazú", Anubia barteri var. nana, e

Very cool set up Juan, thanks for sharing. It's always fun to see how submerged plants look when grown emersed. Is that Subwassertang in the top left corner of your Anubias pot?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: Some of my emerged plants: Bacopa sp "Paranai Guazú", Anubia barteri var. nana, e

Very cool set up Juan, thanks for sharing. It's always fun to see how submerged plants look when grown emersed. Is that Subwassertang in the top left corner of your Anubias pot?
It was a moss that I brought from a collecting trip to Misiones province on the northeast of my country.

Plants that we collected in that trip

·
regulator
928 Posts

nice work!

Juan, are you certain on the ID of the Rotala rotundifolia?
In my experience, the emersed growth has small round leaves.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

nice work!

Juan, are you certain on the ID of the Rotala rotundifolia?
In my experience, the emersed growth has small round leaves.
Je, I am not so sure. Sometimes I made a mess with so many plants ! jejeje

I will grow another one to be sure, but I think is a Rotala rotundifolia.

thanks !

·
Registered
654 Posts

Awesome, I'm in the process of experimenting myself. Thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
7,397 Posts

Very nice. I'll bet you that Bacopa is B. callitrichoides (not sure...). Have you flowered it? Do flowers that have gone to fruit droop?

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts

How do you get the anubias to grow emersed? My anubias just seems to dry up and die even in a closed container with water near underneath the pot...

·
Registered
133 Posts

Explain more about the emersed Anubias issue. Especially, the pot construction.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

Very nice. I'll bet you that Bacopa is B. callitrichoides (not sure...). Have you flowered it? Do flowers that have gone to fruit droop?
Yes, I have photos of the flower, but it didn´t go to fruit droop. I don´t know if it was properly polyniezed

Do you have information about Bacopa callitrichoides?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

How do you get the anubias to grow emersed? My anubias just seems to dry up and die even in a closed container with water near underneath the pot...
Nothing really special compared to the others plants. Just to keep it in the shadow for several day until the emerged leaves appear. Then they could have some indirect sun light. Never direct because they will die. That´s my experience.

Bye !

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Explain more about the emersed Anubias issue. Especially, the pot construction.
This is how the pot is constructed:

http://www.croa.com.ar/ipb2/index.php?showtopic=8165

It is an article written by Fernando Muñoz, one of our club members.

If you do not understand Spanish I could translated some parts for you.

Bye,

Juan

·
Administrator
7,397 Posts

Yes, I have photos of the flower, but it didn´t go to fruit droop. I don´t know if it was properly polyniezed

Do you have information about Bacopa callitrichoides?
PM me your e-mail address and I can send you something. Unfortunately, it's not something I can post here. :(

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

PM me your e-mail address and I can send you something. Unfortunately, it's not something I can post here. :(
PM sent. thanks !

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts

What a neat post! I've never seen some most of my plants emersed growth. Some are quite different. Thanks for this! Wish I could see more plants' version of emersed growth. I think it would be neat to have these emersed pxs in the plantfinder.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

What a neat post! I've never seen some most of my plants emersed growth. Some are quite different. Thanks for this! Wish I could see more plants' version of emersed growth. I think it would be neat to have these emersed pxs in the plantfinder.
Thank you !

Yes, I totally agree with you. It would be very helpful to have the emersed and flower pictures in the plantfinder. That´s the format we are using for our club´s plant encyclopedia http://www.croa.com.ar/ipb2/index.php?showforum=53 . But is really difficult !!! jejeje

Merry Chirstmas !!!

Juan

·
Registered
133 Posts

Juan,

Interesting constuction on the containers, very creative. My initial question to you was along the line of thinking that perhaps you were using a real pot and maybe there was some issue there. Honestly, from what I see with the setup you shouldn't be having a problem growing Anubias emersed. I have had some fungal problems before that made the Anubias appear to dry out but it was killing the plant from below. It occurred right at the level of the rhizome and was not really obivious like you tend to think of. You might investigate that but other than that I'm a loss for an explaination. Sorry.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Juan,

Interesting constuction on the containers, very creative. My initial question to you was along the line of thinking that perhaps you were using a real pot and maybe there was some issue there. Honestly, from what I see with the setup you shouldn't be having a problem growing Anubias emersed. I have had some fungal problems before that made the Anubias appear to dry out but it was killing the plant from below. It occurred right at the level of the rhizome and was not really obivious like you tend to think of. You might investigate that but other than that I'm a loss for an explaination. Sorry.
Not only the pots are creative, but also cheap !!! jejeje

My anubia didn´t have the fungal problem.

The plant was growing OK under a tree shadow. The problem was that, since the winter was coming, I decided to give the plant a little more sun. Now I think that was a fatal error. The next time I saw it was almost completely dried, and I couldn't´t save it.

Bye !

Juan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts