Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a small aquarium with a pair of Rams, 10 neon tetras, and a bunch of Red cherry and Amano shrimps.
Every week my Rams are in the mood for love, so I put on some Berry White song and watch the magic happen.
;)
I managed to take some pics of my female Ram at her best, she put on some fine colours.
I could not get a proper picture of the male Ram, but I will try again.
Hope you like it:

Here you can see her breeding ''tube" (I'm not sure what is the right word)

This is not a good picture, but an interesting moment.

She likes to pose for me, she is not shy at all.

That's all folks, for now.
:razz:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments.
:)
I have not tried to raise broods because I don't have another aquarium to raise them in, nor do I have enough knowledge or time to keep them alive and well, but I will definitely try that sometimes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks like she is ready to go. Put on some Barry White, maybe dim the lights a little, perhaps some Brine Shrimp as a nice romantic meal?

Good luck! Hope you get a nice clutch.

Watch for mold and fungus!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Very nice!

I don't know if you're aware of it, but someone did a study a few years ago and found that the deep bass of Barry White's voice actually triggered spawning in many fish. You're definitely on the right track there, whether you did it on purpose or not. LOL!

·
Registered
203 Posts
please describe your experience with the rams and cherry shrimp. i'd love to keep some but are not sure if they will eat the shrimp.

also do the rams like a very heavily planted tank? mine is very thickly planted.

·
Registered
203 Posts
check out the invert forum for more shrimp info. the various types eat different things, but cherry shrimp are usually the best beginner shrimp and they are great scavengers and will eat anything, even things you can't see. they're constantly scouring the leaves, gravel, glass, everything with their lil claws looking for food. so you pretty much just throw in an extra lil bit for the shrimp when you feed the rest of your tank. mine seem to eat every type of food i put in there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all!!

@JanS: I wasn't aware of that Barry White study, but it sure made me laugh when I have read it in your post...
:-D

@yum: Well, my Rams sometimes try to catch my shrimps when they spawn (Rams), but they give up easily because shrimps are too fast for them, and I have never seen them catch one.
But I think that they eat baby shrimps because I use to see them in the aquarium but not since i have put Rams in it.
So I think that they will get along just fine.
Rams love heavily planted aquariums because they like to hide and go through the plants and it is a pity to keep them in a plantless aq.
For example I have 12 different plants in my 56l aquarium.
:)

@stuckintexas: like yum said, they are scavengers, I use to feed them with some dry artemia (even smaller shrimps, I don't know how you call them) but now they eat leftovers from my fish.

Thanks for the comments guys, regards from Serbia!!!
:-D
"My darling I can't get enough of your love babe...."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts