Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Beautiful speciments!!

I wish I could get my NO3 up higher. I am dosing:
1/2tsp NO3
close to 1/4tsp PO4
1/2+tsp of K three times a week on a 75.

If I add anymore NO3 I get GSA real bad. The tank is running on a controller at about 50ppm of CO2. Lighting is 220watt at 8 hours. What am I missing here?

KH is 4-5

I will test my tap again, but I believe my NO3 is 0.

Thanks

jB

· Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Tom,

Looks like you are ironing out the "mist" approach!!! Still, most of us are still using the old method of reactors. How did you deal with GSA with your EI method while using reactors. I am 100% certain that my CO2 levels are way above 30ppm, closer to 50 or 60. Even with it this high, I cannot dose NO3 without running into severe problems with GSA. I am dosing half the recommended NO3 and almost double the PO4 to combat the GSA. In order to maintain high NO3 my PO4 has to be through the roof. What am i missing here? Did you ever have serious probs with GSA? I can keep in under control and it is almost none existent with my current dosing. However, when I try anything close to the recommended ratio of dosing, I get it really bad......grows in 3 days. I feel my plants are suffering, I am seeing stunting (which i assume is from lack of NO3). What am I not seeing here. Could it have something to do with my local water? I am at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

jB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.