Aquatic Plant Forum banner

South Florida meetings

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  jerrybforl 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Are we planning any meetings for this summer/rest of the year? It's been awfully quiet! I am willing to host an open house in my place in late August/early September.

Hopefully, my 75g will be well underway at that point. I'll also have plenty of emersed cuttings for all, including some from my mid-sized Crypt collection.

We'll have activities and food.

Also, Art suggested we visit FAN -- Florida Aquatic Nurseries -- sometime this summer. What say you?

Carlos

#3 ·
Anyone else besides Art and Robert interested in a meeting? I say we can have one on September 3rd or 4th (Saturday or Sunday). I'll present my new 75g aquarium, my emersed setup, and distribute all sorts of rare cuttings (Murdannia, Hemigraphis traian, Ludwigia repens 'Rubin', etc). I'll have some treats/possibly real food on the table. I'll see about a couple small demonstrations. Any volunteers? What does everyone say?

Art, think we can fit in a FAN excursion?

Does anyone else want to host a meeting this summer? We have plenty of time to fit in two meetings you know. :D

Carlos

#6 ·
I should be able to make it. Sorry I have been out of contact for a few months. Bought a new condo, moved in, in the middle of renovating, etc. Hope to see you all again soon.
Guy in my office bought a tank last night for live plants. He decided to do this based upon seeing my little 1.7G office tank. He may be interested in coming as well.
Jack

#12 ·
Ok. It is set. I will have the meeting on September 4th, the first Sunday of the month. It'll be an open house at my apartment. Main discussion topics will include:

1) Setting up a successful emersed setup
2) Choosing and caring for fish in the planted aquarium

...with demonstrations. Treats will be served. To all those interested, please send me an email for confirmation and directions. I will also send an email to the group from last time with directions.

Hope this works...

Carlos

#14 ·
Due to the hurricane and the fact that my neighborhood was turned upside down during the storm, I have decided to push the meeting date back to September 11th, which is the Sunday after this upcoming Sunday. Same time, same place. Thanks!

Food served will be homemade pizza made by mom. Either a cake or homemande orange flan for dessert.

Oh, and we'll have lots of plants at the meeting.

Carlos

#16 ·
Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that there will be a meeting this upcoming Sunday ( Sept. 11, it fell on that day...) starting at around 10-11am. My mother will be making quite a feast, apparently, with her own beef lasagna, garlic bread, and whatever else she concocts (dessert?).

There will also be a lot of rare plants present (Hemigraphis traian, Ludwigia 'Cuba', Hygrophila balsamica, etc). And even a presentation followed by general conversation and photos.

Hope to hear who is coming and who is not, as a heads up!

Please let me know through email (tsunamicarlos@gmail.com) or PM!

Carlos

#17 ·
Hi All,

I am in South Florida, Plantation. I would like to have information in a club around this area. I have a 10 G, 50 G and 90 G panted tanks in my place, I can hold a few sessions here as well, will be nice to get together with people holding my same interest. Would you be so kind to give me some information.

Thank you all,

Luis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.