Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I found an aquatic plant. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks somewhat familiar... Can anyone recognize it?

This is the place I found the plant.

This is my motor bike (at a temple in the mountains)

Annnd this is me and my bike in front of a rice paddy

I saw lots of leeches in the streams! A few fish as well, but I couldn't see them well enough to make an ID. They might have been some type of minnow or something, they had that kind of shape from my point of view above water.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
It looks like a Potamogeton species.
Yeah, either some kind of Potamogeton or Murdannia sp. 'Red' (Michael, if that's actually Murdannia sp. 'Red' bring it home please!!!!!!!!!! )

I am so insanely jealous... but really enjoying getting a glimpse of the SK biotopes and such.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, it does look a lot like like Murdannia sp. 'Red.'

I think I saw flowers on the plant. They were developing underwater though and looked a little like this, but none of those had broken the surface and none had opened fully so I'm not sure what the flower actually looked like. I'll definitely go back, it seems rather common actually, it was the only plant I found in 2-3 rivers/streams.

Is this species in the US yet? I don't think I've ever seen it for sale on the forums.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Couldn't tell you 'bout the flower - let's wait to see what Cavan says on that one.

Murdannia sp. 'Red' is in the U.S. hobby, it's just exceptionally rare... hence my request for you to bring it back if that's what it is.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Michael, you're already in SK? Are you working for the UN now and you get this privilege going to different countries? Jk LOL

I go with the above statements, looks like Murdannia sp 'Red'... Here's a snap of my Murdannia, it's not that red bacause I've been dosing lean in this thank...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts