Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some SAE to get rid of some hair algae problems I've been having. I plan on ordering some true SAE online and was wondering if anyone wanted to get in on this with me and we can split shipping(which costs a bundle). I was thinking aquariumfish.net. I commute from Vacaville to Sacramento every weekday, so if anyone anywhere along that commute wanted to get in on it let me know.

Raj

·
Registered
123 Posts
have you checked FishPlanet in the Arden area and Capitol Aquarium in downtown?
they have SAE's. call ahead if they have them in stock and prices.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you checked FishPlanet in the Arden area and Capitol Aquarium in downtown?
they have SAE's. call ahead if they have them in stock and prices.
Capital Aquarium said they only carried flying foxes. Fishplanet said they have them (well right now they only have one) but I have to actually go there to make sure they are true siamese algae eaters. I suspect it will be a false one but I'll check it out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Capital Aquarium said they only carried flying foxes. Fishplanet said they have them (well right now they only have one) but I have to actually go there to make sure they are true siamese algae eaters. I suspect it will be a false one but I'll check it out.
nope capitol had them, dont know if they are saying that they only have flying fox right now but when i bought one (months ago, sorry) i checked the bands and they were jagged and not smooth.
check out the tank across the turtle tank at the top and very end of the row.

i might be heading towards there if i do i'll stop by and check it out.

remember to question the employees. lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope capitol had them, dont know if they are saying that they only have flying fox right now but when i bought one (months ago, sorry) i checked the bands and they were jagged and not smooth.
check out the tank across the turtle tank at the top and very end of the row.

i might be heading towards there if i do i'll stop by and check it out.

remember to question the employees. lol.
Oh cool, at least they had them at one time, maybe they will get some in later. If you checked that out for me that would be awesome, I would really appreciate that :D. I hope the "flying foxes" have some SAE mixed in with them or better yet they actually are SAE.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh cool, at least they had them at one time, maybe they will get some in later. If you checked that out for me that would be awesome, I would really appreciate that :D. I hope the "flying foxes" have some SAE mixed in with them or better yet they actually are SAE.
i didnt go to capitol on friday but i'll be there to meet up with ringram to pickup some of his cherry shrimps sat afternon. i'll pop in and see.

when i did buy some sae's i stood there for 10mins with my face up to the tank looking at them and i didnt see any smooth bands in the group.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah they have SAE's and Flying Foxes in separate tanks.

the SAE's are across the turtle tank and there's a lot of them. i forget the regular price but they have a 2 for $6 at the moment. the Flying Foxes are by the SW tanks. i was at FishPlanet but was just in and out for some feeder whiteclouds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts