Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just pulled down an old tank thats been in the atic for a long time. the dimensions are a hair over 13 in length and width ways and 21 in tall. i found a calculator online and it said 15.33... g. id like to set this tank up on a stand in my room but i need some ideas of setups for it.

id like some branchy driftwood with a few rocks in with the driftwood. i want something tall in the back like corkscrew val or something along those lines. some java moss on some of the wood would look good also. id like the small variety of java fern in with the driftwood too. maybe some anubias and some variety of crypts in there too? im not sure, any ideas of good plants?

should i use flourite as substrate or something like aquasoil?

i dont have the filter for it yet but ill probably go with an aquaclear 20. most likely no heater (never had one on my 20g and its been fine). the light is a problem though. the tank alreay has a top with a tiny little flourescent bulb in there. i looked on it and i cant find a wattage or k rating though. should i attempt to build my own hood for it?

i might go for some DIY co2 on this if i get it up. id like it to be full of growth but still have some depth even though its not very wide if that makes any sense.

thanks for the help ill post some pics of designs i like if that helps yall help me :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you go to the ADG website and browse their first live planted tank gallery, you will see one of my fav tall tanks. its pics #18-21, its a planted tank with angel fish and it looks great. its actually more of a cube than a tall tank though. i cant save the pics and post them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts