Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's a saltwater and reef club here but no freshwater or plant club.

I'll be starting the Memphis area aquatic plant and freshwater aquarium society.

Monthly meetings with plant swaps, discussion, and possibly presentations by members and guest speakers as well as field trips to collect.

If anyone is in the area come join!

Let me know about where you live, what setups you have, what you'd like to have, and when you can meet during the week.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First meeting of the new Memphis Aquatic Plant Club is this Sunday, October 26 at 6 pm. We'll decide on a name for the club, as well as normal meeting times and dates, volunteer on interim club positions, discuss getting a separate website, hand out free plants if you have any to give away, and food - there will be food since its at a restaurant.

I picked McAllister's since the food is reasonably priced and is good food that should agree with almost everyone. This weekend because I don't want to mess up anyone's Halloween Weekend plans and some people are doing field work until Sunday afternoon. You can also go to church and eat Sunday dinner with your family before you come, if you're into that.

This looks pretty close to the center of the suburban spawl that is now Memphis. Its in the same parking lot as the Paradisio Malco theater, IIRC, right off of Poplar.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....898205&spn=0.091543,0.154495&z=13&iwloc=addr

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi everyone. We're having another meeting this Sunday, Nov 9, at the same place as last time. Except indoors since its going to be cold. Until I find a nicer restaurant, the weather becomes fairer (in the spring), or someone volunteers their house or suggests another place we'll keep meeting at McAllister's.

580 S Mendenhall, off of Poplar Ave. 6pm. I'll have my laptop and a sign.

I have invited Greg Zapf who runs the Memphisaquaria.org forums to come to the meeting so we can discuss how to set up the website and advertising. I'll also bring my coveted upholstery foam to part out.

Also, I'm going to start using the forum at Memphisaquaria.org to post news and updates. For example http://memphisaquaria.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171

1 - 3 of 3 Posts