Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost got my tank setup, its a 4x2x2ft tank, 119G I think, Im used to metric terms here in Australia 450L. Im just waiting to pick up some more onyx sand substrate next week before I can fill it up. Now I just want to make sure I havent missed anything or theres something I should do before I fill up or do before I add plants. I have a pressureised co2 tank with a Tunze pressure regulator and auto PH, co2 kit with a ADA diffuser. 4X 40W fluro tubes with reflectors two different types of color ratings, I think 2 tubes are 10000K and the other 2 are 6000 or around that. Eheim wet dry thermo filter. Would it be a good idea to have a bubble counter? Just not sure about that. Also have checked my tap water, GH and KH are are around 3 and the ph is around 7.4 Any thing else I should do or have before I fill it up and get this puppy going? Thanks for any extra advice or tips!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I like having a bubble counter. It gives you something to go by when adjusting co2. Have you started washing your sand yet? Thats the part I enjoy the least when setting up a large tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes washing gravel is quiet time consuming, I still have alot more to wash. But Im currently on holidays so its not all that bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts