Aquatic Plant Forum banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Dan, I do know that I will never buy a hex tank again...just doesn't look as nice as a rectangular tank.

Smirky, I gotta ask niko about this, you should too. He has used Picasa for sometime.

·
Registered
56 Posts
what would be cool is if we could tag the plants on something like this the way you can tag people on facebook.
that tank is a beaut.
i love the images as well.
thanks for sharing!
kris

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Thank you for the comments. I am just battling this green spot algae. its pretty hard, not the soft dust. it is only on my glass, my plants seem to be free of any algae and my water is very clear. I think I add enough phosphate in the form of KH2PO4...anyone know what else could be causing this?

also, i am quite shocked that i cannot get the downoi to grow very well. all it wants to do is grow up and not fill in any new leaves. ends up looking like a tall palm tree kinda.

Also, I am planning on ripping out all of the rotala vietnam and ludwigia cuba. i want the background of the tank to be full of limnophila aromatica and rotala rotundifolia only, about an even half and half of the background. so hopefully soon I will take care of this and get some new pics up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey. I have been away for a little while. Had to finish up some school projects and just graduated this Saturday. Just got a new camera today and it looks like it will take quite a while to master it. Here are a few noob photos with it...no macro lens yet.

what are those plants, the red tops that shot up in that first month?

the first pic, what are those and can those be planted to form a bank for a creek bed? Im trying to keep my rock creek from being buried in the sand that the cories and the kuhlis kick up when they are being cories and kuhli's.

Are there any flowering plants that are fully submersed?

·
Registered
384 Posts
so if i store the co2 tank under my fish tank and lets say that the safety release blew and all the gas came out in a super cold state and it froze everything within 2 feet. would it freeze my tank bottom and make the glass crack, dumping everything on the floor? im just trying to think of a good location for it.
Just hook up the regulator first, and maybe do it outside. I keep my tank next to the fish tank. If your needle reads anything over 1500psi you are definitely overfilled. Typical is 1000psi. But then again I use a 20 lb tank.

By the way you can get tanks off craigslist, mine was $60 for the 20 lb. It was from a soda machine.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.