Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Just some Walstad method tanks
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently trying to grow ludwigia repens red snugged in a crevice in my driftwood. I wont expect it to attach but would it thrive in this setting?

·
Registered
256 Posts
It will thrive for a while, until the bottom rot out. Stem plants grow tall indefinitely, and the bottom age and eventually die out.

·
Registered
Just some Walstad method tanks
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will thrive for a while, until the bottom rot out. Stem plants grow tall indefinitely, and the bottom age and eventually die out.
I should really invest in H. pinnatifida but transporation conditions here will definitely kill them, really bad transporation units and schedules. I had one before but it was struggling and didn't make it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I should really invest in H. pinnatifida but transporation conditions here will definitely kill them, really bad transporation units and schedules. I had one before but it was struggling and didn't make it.
H. Pinnafitida bottom stem dies on me often.

·
Registered
256 Posts
H. Pinnafitida bottom stem dies on me often.
From what I read, H. Pinnafitida has rhizome and is a rare stem that can be grown as an epiphyte. But it is a demanding plants which I failed multiple times. For me, the whole plant melted, not just the bottom.

There are viny stems such as Pennywort, Moneywort and 4 leaf clover that you can train to wrap around driftwood and grow as an epiphyte. They develop roots all along the stem and don't need to be rooted in substrate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts