Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

here is my current setup

I am really happy with the layout the java fern and the moss lawn but I don't know what mid ground and background plants to get was thinking of Ludwigia repens and val but my val keeps melting. Would love some suggestions oh and today I bought a crpt unsure what type the stems are a beautiful burgundy color

Regards Darren

P.S. my tank is low light with DIY CO2

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
For the midground Anubias nana petite would look good. A hardy thin-leaved grassy plant called Isotoes will do well in lower light. I like the fact that it forms more of a rosette rather than shooting runners everywhere. For more ideas look through the PlantFinder (upper left of the page in the gold bar) for low light plants and see what catches your eye.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Maybe your water is not hard enough for the Vals. They like hard water. I used to have a ton of them until I switched to ADA AquaSoil. They all melted away.

I think Ludwiga repens would like nice for your background. You might try Blyxa Japonica for your midground. Also some crypts might look nice -bronze or green. If you want easy Wisteria has a great leaf, light green. It would have to be for your background and it requires maintenance as it's a fast grower. It's leaf would look pretty in your tank. Also Stargrass is a pretty leaf, grows slower than Wisteria and is light green.

Check out the plant finder. It's a great place for info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.