Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

here is my current setup

I am really happy with the layout the java fern and the moss lawn but I don't know what mid ground and background plants to get was thinking of Ludwigia repens and val but my val keeps melting. Would love some suggestions oh and today I bought a crpt unsure what type the stems are a beautiful burgundy color

Regards Darren

P.S. my tank is low light with DIY CO2

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
For the midground Anubias nana petite would look good. A hardy thin-leaved grassy plant called Isotoes will do well in lower light. I like the fact that it forms more of a rosette rather than shooting runners everywhere. For more ideas look through the PlantFinder (upper left of the page in the gold bar) for low light plants and see what catches your eye.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can tie your moss over your stones using super fine fishing line and then make room for a carpet plant like HC or glosso elat. It looks great as a start!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all, I want a lawn so started that but I dont like the green color want something brighter green the plant I have is willow moss

Hownwort for the background....?? anubias are so expensive here

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Maybe your water is not hard enough for the Vals. They like hard water. I used to have a ton of them until I switched to ADA AquaSoil. They all melted away.

I think Ludwiga repens would like nice for your background. You might try Blyxa Japonica for your midground. Also some crypts might look nice -bronze or green. If you want easy Wisteria has a great leaf, light green. It would have to be for your background and it requires maintenance as it's a fast grower. It's leaf would look pretty in your tank. Also Stargrass is a pretty leaf, grows slower than Wisteria and is light green.

Check out the plant finder. It's a great place for info.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well they should be thriving, went and had my hardness tested yesterday and it was 900 what evers....panic stations did a water change will do more over the next few days and removed the rocks that were in there.

Regards Darren

1 - 13 of 13 Posts