Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A. reinickii is showing stunted, misshapen growth. I don't believe Ca is a problem, since my water has KH of 9 and GH of 11. What else can contribute to this?

Tank params:
pressurized CO2 (25-35ppm); NO3 at 15ppm; PO4 at 2ppm; 2.6WPG for 10 hrs; K, and Mg added at water change; traces/iron added daily except for when NO3 and PO4 are added.

· Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, funny you should mention that... I have the same problem. My Ludwigias also develop pinholes, and I have been playing with both K and Mg. I went out this past weekend and collected a bunch more of L. repens because I'm too damn stubborn to believe I cannot grow a healthy stand of it!

· Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting you should mention that about the ovalis, because I have been looking to try some out. If you ever want to sell a couple of your trim discards, let me know.

· Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Tom, I feel pretty confident the CO2, NO3, and PO4 are at good levels. For a 29 gal tank, how much Florish and Florish iron would you recommend? I am adding 1.5ml of Flourish and 0.75ml lf iron 5 times a week. Thanks.

BTW, how's CA, treating you? You missed the fun of hurricanes here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.