Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 months ago, I dosed Metro + in my tank to treat a fish disease. I found out later the hard way that Metro + is high in sodium :frusty:. It nuked my Staurogyne - all of the leaves slowly melted away. Today my staurogyne resembles a field of palm trees. The only leaves that remain are the ones at the very top.

Questions: Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone have any tips to help the staurogyne rebound quicker? I was thinking about adding willow root hormone to the water column. Good idea? Bad Idea?

Tank is a 40B. I have a 4x39w ATI Sunpower that's on for 8 hours a day. It starts at 0% and builds up to a 4 hour burst at 100% and then comes back down to 0%. I'm running pressurized CO2 and I'm following the EI dosing regimen.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Just do a 90% water change or a few 50% waterchanges. I dosed salt in a planted tank ones to cure white spot. No Staurogyne in there but, Rotala vietnam, L. aromatica U. graminifolia. Rotala suffered bad, the rest just didn't grow, but after a few waterchanges the amount of sodium was low enough for the plants to bounce back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had both Staurogyne repens and porto velho drop all there leaves when dropping my ph to sudden. They regrow back over time but takes awhile for them to recover from the shock. You could top them off and replant the tops. I did this with some of them and moved it to another tank and did recover faster. But all the older stems with the dropped leaves took along time to fully recover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.