Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this question is stupid but anyways, i've seen those green tube bars in many planted tanks lately. What are they for?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are they for injecting co2 into the tank? Would I need something like this for my 20g high planted?

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
They are from Eheim cannister filters. The vertical bar is the water intake to the cannister and the horizontal bar at the top is a "spray" bar which returns the water to the tank from the cannister.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
While Eheim may tend to be a little more pricey then some of the other cannisters on the market they also tend to be of higher quality. This point could be argued till the cows come home, I don't think I am leading you down a garden path in saying that its comparing apples to oranges to put the Eheim up against some of the "stuff" that paraded across vendors shelves. Stating this may put me between a rock and hard place, but I stand my cliche ridden ground and proclaim Eheim as cream of the crop.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Some Chinese companies sell their filters with intake and outtake tubes that are the same green color as the Eheim.

Also, if you want the green tube only (or any Eheim parts for that matter) you could buy it direct from the eheim.com site.

An alternative is to make your own using cheap plastic tubes from Home Depot or Lowe's and drilling several holes on them.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I never thought that those green tubes were Ehiem parts, I always think of as they were c02 injectors. Now I know that they are Ehiem parts for Ehiem canister filters, it makes me want to get an Ehiem Canister Filter.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
The last Eheim 2028 that I bought came with the new generation spray bar and intake tube. They are a nice transparent grey color and blend right in. The really great thing with them is that they have hinged joints which makes it much easier to place them in yor tank for nice clean lines. Nice! :)

You can buy them alone now in some of the catalogs like Foster and Smith, if anyone is interested.

Spraybar and Intake tube

1 - 15 of 15 Posts