Aquatic Plant Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow, great job Steven!

I might try something like this in the future. Did you get all your plants from the stream near your house? I might go some time to go collecting xD
Also, were the rocks from the stream too?

Arg, now to find a "tank" like yours... Lol, office max or office depot O_O.

·
Registered
81 Posts
WOW Braddah Steven, I lived in Waipahu for many years. While growing up there I was always down at Waikele stream catching green swordtails for the LFS and tilapia as bait for blue picher crab and once in awhile Samoan crab. I also use to take plants that I though would look great in my 20g, you know the old ones with slate bottoma dn the chrome or brushed metal frame, Oh may be before your time.Mostly mosses and some other plants that well I did not know the name of. I remember taking moss covered rocks with my dad having the weirdest looks for me doing this instead of swimming or goofing around as my sibblings often did. I also caught wild guppies there and these were the hardiest fish for my 40 breeder terrarium.

Tutu Wahine (Grandma) was always growing and tending to her Illima plants for the Leis she provided for teachers on special ocassions. So I used one of those little trees in that tank also. I really miss Hawaii now and even more that winter has set its teeth in here in Nebraske, dont ask LOL.

Take Care of You and Yours while in Cali for school Bra.

Ike:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice pictoral Braddah. Wow I wish I thought of this when I too lived in Hawai'i. I was on the Waianae side and mostly dessert.hahahah

One question...The light your using adequate enough for the plants to thrive?

Mahalo bra.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just had to go and find this thread, didn't I. Looks like I won't be selling one of my 10g's afterall. So, this will bring the count up to one 55g, one 20g L, one 10g, 2 nanos, and one of these doohickeys. Terrible!!!!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.