Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a tank without plants in it? tall driftwood, among fist size river rocks? i am turning a reef tank, into a freshwater tank. as the reef had all living things in it, or natural pieces, the freshwater, i want the same, but i do not want the plants, and i do not want to put fake plants in there... if i could find some twisty tall driftwood to lay among rocks and some taller rocks...how do you think the tank could turn out...and does anyone have a tank like this?

jAy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i actually think some java fern may be ok in this tank....this tank is not the easiest to maintain. it is about 125 gallons....custom in a wall. there is a shelf not too far from the top of the tank, so you cant even get your head over the tank..your hands barely can touch the bottom of the tank, and u have to be on a step ladder. the tank has a large sump below the tank. this used to be a reef tank. the sump will be turned into a wet-dry. i want the tank to be like a world of fish.....what would u guys think would work in there? i dont want to have large fish because that would limit the space for the fish, and the fish variety to roam. have bottom dwellers, some mid level, and top level fish, and whichever fish that roam all over, like pictus cats, or giant danios....i know there are more fish out there, but my book has limited variety, and i didnt write down what i saw at the fish store when i last went. any ideas? im thinking, fish that dont get any bigger than 6 inches would be good....im not sure about the livestock overall, ha...
oh, im trying to keep this tank to hopefulle a monthly 50 percent tank...so the plant idea may lose, to plastic plants....or just rocks and driftwood, my original idea
thoughts?
jAy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks gomer, for your pile of links.
the roots themed tank is a bit like what im lookin for.....that company has some other pics of a tank on their site that has the feel im lookin for, ill try to find the pic...the brown driftwood, twisting up towards the surface, river rock, with smaller river rock between the spaces....java fern in about 3 spots....and bushes of the java fern growing maybe in some mid level areas..its got my head thinkin now tho.
thank you.
jAy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.