Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever see THIS? It looks like interesting ground cover... kind of meaty yet short...

Or is it known by another name in the planted tank world?

Thanks,

-MT

[EDIT: And as an aside, this looks interesting if you have problems with too much breeding going on...]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow!! I have this plant! Thanks for posting because I spent a good week googling it without any success. I found it growing near a drain, submersed under cold water along with some of Gomer's mini-pearly moss. Took both home and they're still doing fine. I hope they'll last.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing how luck turns out sometimes! Glad I could, er.. help.

It says if you keep it fully immersed it should go beyond being seasonal. Also, there is no winter in your tank, and it's an outdoor N. American water plant, so I am sure the changing light and temp affects it's life. Those prolly aren't happening much in your tank :)

Let me know how it does, send us some pics, and hopefully I'll get to buy some from ya!

-MT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Magnus!

I'am a french master degrees student actually working on a protection projet about Subularia aquatica (which is endangered in France) led by the "Nationnal parc of Pyrénées" and by the "Midi-pyrénées botanic conservatory".

I saw that you had (in 2005) this plant in culture in aquarium. I would like to know if you success in breeding this plant (flowering, reproducing, producing seed, ...), and if it does, what were the maintains parameters ?

Cordially,
Sophie

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Hello Sophie, welcome to APC.

I checked MTechnik's last activity on the forum for you. He last logged into his account on:

Last Activity: 04-21-2008 09:37 AM

So I think you might be out of luck :( though you never know...

Tell us more about your project (in a new thread), I know a people will be interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi !

Ok thanks for the information Zapins, i will do that quickly !
I hope my english is correct, and i make me understanding easily ! :)

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
It looks as though it grows in a lot of colder climates in the States so depending on where it was collected it might not do well in tropical aquaria.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have found it growing in sandy shallows in 2 large lakes in Central Minnesota. It survived in a tank but never grew much and eventually I lost track of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.