Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I might be getting a Juwel Rio 125 in the near future, I was wondering if 2x24 t5 lights would give sufficient light for a planted aquarium.

:hail:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since I might be getting a Juwel Rio 125 in the near future, I was wondering if 2x24 t5 lights would give sufficient light for a planted aquarium.
According to the sticky thread at the top of the Lighting section here in the forum, your tank is just about at the top end of the size you would consider 2x24 T5s to be adequate for. That probably means you would be ruling out growing some higher light plants, or at least growing them well.

An aquarist on another forum has a Rio 125, and seems to be doing well with 4x24w T5s. You might want to look at his thread there, and perhaps contact him.

All the best,
Chris Noto

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
T5 or T5 HO?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it is HO. Doesn't Juwel use HO lights (a bit unsure about this)? I was planning to use Hagen's Power Glo as a light source.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.