Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new tank in for a nano-scape I plan on doing. Trying to figure out a good lighting setup for it, but am somewhat limited by size.

It has to be not much under 14" total length for bulb & socket(s)/wiring (reflectors can be trimmed).

This 14" "Nano Ballast" 28W Retrofit Kit would be perfect, but a bit on the expensive side, especially with that not-that-great reflector.

This will be a high light tank.

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, forgot I even made this post...

Didn't find anything yet. Want something cheap, and around the 14" length. Most things are too short for good, even coverage, too long to fit in the cover I want to make, or just too damn expensive for a small light.

I'm thinking perhaps some small T5 bulbs, but I have to find ones that would work, and I'd rather have an electronic ballast on them (and would have to find T5 end caps).

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I thought of the T5s as I saw the box of them I had in the closet, then I remembered my old 6g Eclipse had the 8w one. Theres a few wattages above that I want to check out the sizes on. I'll probably just go with a staggered T5 setup. Atlantalightbulbs.com has the T5 end caps for just over $1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.