Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Beautiful fish! I wish I had experience with them but I don't. My LFS had gotten them in once and I eyed them in quarantine but they seemed sensitive and began dieing within the same week. I'm keeping my eye out for em though! Please write about your experiences!

david

·
Registered
353 Posts
Great fish! I have had them in the past (blue, green and red varieties) and can say that they are indeed sensitive fish that seemed to contract velvet quite easily. Velvet seems to be the scurge of small SE Asian fish IME. Once they settle in, they are pretty straight forward. They are really nice in large groups and will school like Harlequins. These guys have the same impact as a school of P. simulans would, but the blue is a bit more iridescent than reflective.
I think the the blue ones are the nicest of the three. the green variety is not as bright and reflective and the red variety is only stunning when the fish are really happy, otherwise they are quite brownish.
A hobbyist here has bred them (quite a few in fact) so if you are up to it, it is entirely possible to increase your group.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They are extremely nice fish (the greens do it for me) but I found them relative sensitive to changing parameters. I've kept them for some time, and indeed they school very nicely. do net give them tank mates apart from some bottom dwellers. I found at least they don't do so well with (in my case) Boraras maculata or the like. Just give them a tank on their one and you will enjoy these beauties.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! Right now they share a 5g tank with 2 sparkling gouramis. Any information on breeding them? I would definitely be interested in trying my hand at this little guys.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I've got seven in my 50g with 15 harlequins and 6 espei rasboras. They do well schooling with the other fish. I'll admit I expected the colors to be a tad more vibrant, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.