Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have two sample plants of the new Cryptocoryne wendtii florida sunset. I got several PMs from people wanting to buy one, so I think I will put one up for bid on aquabid. I will do this probably tommorrow. They are gorgeous looking, potted, and pretty large. I will photograph them tommorrow as well. They really are multi colored. I have never seen anything even close to this before. I am told they are submersed grown too.

I also have about ten or more stems of a new Nesaea cultivar called Nesaea golden. The leaves are yellow and the stems bright pink. A gorgeous plant. The stem are large, must be over 8".

Both of these plants will be available in approx 45 days, perhaps a little less.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey Rob, is this the "golden Nesea" you got in? Does it also have the red stem? Don't hesitate to let me know when you have some ready to go, I love Nesea.
Here is the golden

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the same... Nesaea golden is a variant of NESAEA PEDICELLATA, (see the grand and wonderful APC plant finder). Normal pedicellata is green with a hint of orange according to the plant finder. This new variety from Florida aquatic has leaves that are solid golden yellow. The stems are pink. From what I am told, this Nesaea specie is much easier to grow than the unidentified beet red Nesaea specie, (which I also sell)

I don't know if I am allowed to put up the aquabid link here or not, but I will announce when its up on aquabid, and I am sure you will be able to find it! :cool:

I am actually photographing both these plants for an import article I am writing for TFH magazine. It will also feature Echinodorus harbich, Echinodorus vesuvius, Eriocaulon australia type 2, Rotala rotundifolia 'Green', and two or three others

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well not for this this time, but I'm always needing photos! I write a monthly column for FAMA, and freelance for TFH and others, so I always have something going on!

Ok, I took some photos of the new plants I have. Bear in mind I am a horrible photographer! My photos would never be good enough to be in the Plant Finder, but they are going in TFH! They touch them up!

Here is Cryp wendtii sunset

Eriocaulon Australia type 2

E. harbich

Rotala rotundifolia green

Nesaea golden

E. vesuvius

Eriocaulon thailand

BTW Coralite, its spelled Nesaea, not Nesea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts