Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I wanted to guage interest in CAPE members for a swap meet. I am anticipating having to move in the near future since I was recently "adapted to scale" at my company. I may be here through the summer, but if something comes up, I will have to bolt and there is a lot of stuff I don't want to move. I have a ton of aquarium equipment and hardscape material that I'd like to see go to members who could use it including additives, driftwood, rocks, some small tanks, and other miscellaneous stuff. I should have some time next Saturday, so if anyone is interested in meeting, we can try to find a central location for everyone....

If there is interest, I'll post pics of the stuff. Let me know and I'll make sure to get it up here.

Texex94

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a tank I'm trying to set up at some point, so this certainly has potential. I'd like to get a better sense of what your offering though before making any commitments.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
If by next Saturday you mean the 30th, it would depend on the time - there are a few things I need to be doing to finish up school. The weekend after that I'm free, though. If we do have a swap meet at a time I'm free, I'd be very interested.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm located in Colchester, which is a ways from everyone. I'd be willing to meet somewhere in the middle if everyone is game. Anyone looking for some tanks? I have a 29G setup with both hood (wired for 2X55 watt CF bulbs) and the matching stand. Very nice looking setup. I am also looking at getting rid of a 28G bowfront setup with a Coralife fixture.

Anyway, looking at the calendar, this Saturday (30th April) will not work for me. However, next Saturday (May 7) would work barring any potential travel plans for interviews.... I'll load up my truck with all the stuff and let people pick and choose. I'll also be sure to prune what I have in my tanks and bring it to the meet. If people are game for that day, shoot me an idea of where everyone is located in CT and we'll pick a central location.

Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am interested, my location is Norwalk CT. Don't mind travelling if it is not too far.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Bailin got some nice stuff, seen them with my own eyes :) Are you also getting rid of your 60P? First dibs (JK, lol)... I'm also game on May 7... My tank/s will need some nice scaping stones and DW ;) I'm in Stratford btw...

Just throwing this out as option: Why don't we all meet at Michael's place (Hamden) since, I think, only a few showed up last meeting???

·
Registered
97 Posts
I won't speak for anybody else here, but as I mentioned before, I can't go much further than a forty minute drive. From the looks of it, you'll be heading quite a ways yourself to accomodate for the others. If there's such a thing as a central zone for all of us, I suppose it would be somewhere in eastern New Haven County.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I'm in Fairfield... and the 7th is good for me.

Michael's place would be a good spot in terms of centrality for us all, but we should probably ask him first ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Michael.... Would you be willing to host that Saturday or have a location you could suggest we meet at like a park?

I think the 7th should be the date. I'll post pics so people can see what I have.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Let me know if you finalize a date Bailin, i remember you from a NEPS meeting at Neds Fish Factory a long time ago, and you were very impressive with your knowledge of the hobby. I'd be interested in attending but i'll be cutting it close as i'll likely be on a red eye home from SFO.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there a local pond of lake that we can meet at since I we haven't heard from Michael? We could combine that into a swap meet/collecting trip? I know that the local pond nearby my house is already starting have plenty plants of interest. Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts