Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what color my swordtails are? I bought them at the LFS as generic "lyretail swordtails".

Her fins are orange. The other female has less color in her fins. But their bodies are the same color with the same markings. I've seen a variety of swordtails come through here but never any before of this color, and I can't find this one in my swordtail book.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered if that might be it. My book has two neon lyretails in it, but they seemed more brightly colored than mine, so I wasn't sure if that was it or not. Seems to be the closest match. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "sunset" swords I've seen here have always been much more orange in body color. And I haven't seen any "sunsets" with the body markings like my girls. ?? The sunsets sold here look like the one here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
His body looks a lot like the Green Swordtails I have in my tank. But the fins look like what my LFS sells as "hi-fin neon swordtails". The two species look rather similar so there might be some crossbreeding I guess. The neon swordtails I've seen tend to be thinner looking than that guy. He really does look just like my Green Swordtails with very different fins.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yours probably look thinner because "that guy" in my photo is a pregnant female. [smilie=b: That photo was taken just before she dropped a batch actually, so she was very "full" in body. :D[/B]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts