Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine for $17.32 out the door. Regular price is $24.46+tax. They will have the sale until they run out of it. They have around 20 bags left. They only have it in black and white.

Versatile Building Products, Inc.
310-632-6500
20420 South Susana Road
Carson CA 90810

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Just for anyone who's interested:

$20.35 (no tax) for 50# bag of S grade 3M black colorquartz.
$28.07 (tax included) for 50# bag of T grade 3M black colorquartz.

Oh, and I know the thread is really old...just wanted to update it. =P

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
That stuff is awesome. It holds a slope unlike any other sand I've used. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just an update:

Just called. The lady I spoke with said they only have the S grade in stock right now in black. Hours are M-F 7-4. Gonna have to take a trip down there and pick up some.

-Charlie

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
I wouldn't use the S-grade for anything other than a nano tank. Too deep of a layer could easily become anaerobic because of the smaller particles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Was planning to use it on a 4 gal & a super small pico. Not planning on planting any stem plants so a thin layer should be fine.

The cichlid forum guys have been using fairly deep layers of S-grade w/ no ill effects reported so far. But they usually have fish that dig into the sand so that probably helps w/ keeping the substrate turned over.

-Charlie

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Yeah, it should be fine in a nano. I've used the S-grade in a 2.5 gallon setup before and it worked well. Did you know that most places will mix colors for you too? Our club got a mixture of brown, tan and black that looks pretty nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts