Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the best place to purchase stuff for t5 lighting? endcaps, mounts, ballasts? im not looking to sell an arm and a leg for this stuff so nothing super expensive.
oh, and it'll be for a 4 bulb, 48" fixture.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
links dont work,

I would try the Advance ballast as its "programmed start" not that programmed rapid start(just means your bulbs will last longer), you can prob find it locally for the same price and has a 5yr warranty. The WH ballasts are rapid start which wear the bulbs out fast

If you are just looking to make a fixture, the Catalina 4x54w is the best bang for the buck, I guess if your needing to put it in a canopy then that would be different. I priced things out and you cannot build a 4x54w T5HO fixture for as cheap as that Catalina fixture.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Now the links work.

If Catalinaaquarium offers Giesemann Midday bulbs then their price is amazing. Any other T5 bulb will work for planted tanks but you are not getting what you could.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
395 Posts
with regards to the splash guard i would suggest using silicon or something around the electrical connections...with splashes you can just clean off the reflectors once a week or so. if it comes with a splash guard then fine, if it doesnt i wouldnt sweat it.

·
Banned
26 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts