Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We're trying a new format and it has taken us longer than expected. So, better late than never. Our Tank of the Month for August 2004 is Wayne Sham's. Please post your comments here. You can see more about it here.

September's TOTM should also be up in a few days.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
TOTM august 04

A very effective minimalist layout. While the solemnity of the lead stone does work, I would have liked to have seen a few more angular rocks used. Mr. Sham is really honing his skills here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Intriguing display. I think I like it.
I agree that the addition of a complementary stone or two may have added to the aquascape. But then the layout would have lost Wayne's signature. It would become like so many other minimalist aquascapes we've seen before, including Amano's.
Wayne should be applauded for his bold stroke.
I have a question for you though, Wayne, and for other "minimalists" out there. Do you find that, over time, after the initial "wow" of your aquascape wears off, that it loses it's power to intrigue, to hold your interest, and to "draw" you in?
I guess I just don't get it. Respectfully, am I missing something?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Simply beautiful. The plants seem to be placen naturally and create a balanced aquascape. The color and shape of the stone fits really good and it's a pleasure to look at it. Congratulations.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love it, it is just one of those "perfect" tanks to me.

This is making me want to setup another tank now! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts