Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Sinice this is a display tank for a shop and you are using the SeaChem line you may also want to ask the same in the SeaChem forum.

Have you tried using the entire line of Flourish products as they are designed to be used in concert.

One thing I did notice from your post is while you are using Flourish, are you also using the Flourish Trace? Lack of Trace Elements could cause the plants to stop growing.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I am almost completely positive that there's no phosphate in Acid/Alkaline Buffer
You are correct. Both the dry form and the liquid version are phosphate free.

The Discus Buffer and Neutral Regulator are both phosphate based.

From experience I know that Equlibrium does provide plenty of potasium but it does not contain any traces save for a small bit of iron.

The fact that right after water change you get some growth and then iit stops is telling that something is missing. Trace Elements are what seem to be lacking by your discription.

I'll also harp on the fact that since this is a store display and part of its reason for being is to showcase what can be accomplished with the notions and potions you sell you should ask the source. I'm not 100% sure but I do believe Seachem will have a rep at AGA too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.