Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends !

Finallly my Temperature problem has been solved but it has now created a new confusion for me - Kindly help and guide me here...

My Frontosa Tank's Temp was about 30 to 32 C, which I know is very-very high - So I got this 4" Cooling Fan and installed it in. Now my Temps have greatly reduced - its in the 26 C to 27 Range - 26.8 to be exact and is still reducing. I'm worried and Just wanted to know if it will continue to fall and go to dangerously low levels or will it balance and stop somewhere ?

This is also causing a lot of temp fluctuations which I'm worried, may be dangerous for my fronts - I mean in the day, when my Fan keeps running the temperatures continue to fall and reach about 26 C range and when I switch it of in the night, the temperature start climbing and when I wake up in the morning the Temps again touch the 28C to 30C range. Is this fluctuation very dangerous ? Can I do something to correct this or do I just leave it like this...

I've been keeping these fronts at 32C for almost 3 months now and they have shown no signs of suffering or discomfort. Should I just take out the fan and keep them at this level - will it be better ? Kindly guide me on what to do - PLEASE HELP ME FRIENDS :)

Thanks and Lot !
Regards and Care,
Kush

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there !

I dont have a heater installed. Its just because the Room Temp is usually 30C and the lights add to it... The tank design is also bad as it has very little ventilation...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Is there any way of hooking up a probe that would turn the fan on whenever the temperature reaches a certain high point, then off at a chosen low point?

Less accurate (but very feasible) control would be to put the fan on a timer with multiple on/off cycles available. During the day you might run it for half an hour or an hour at a time with some short breaks, at night run it for short times with longer breaks. You would have to work with it and set different times to find out how to keep the tank at a stable, moderate temperature.

Hooking up a separate fan to the lights that is on the whole time the lights are on will remove some of the heat from the lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts