Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I remember seeing a post someone made showing the La Motte and Hatch test kits - with photos showing what they looked like, etc. I have done a search here, on ab and planted tank, and can't find it. If anyone remembers seeing this and can reference it for me, I would appreciate it. TIA.

·
Registered
886 Posts
How about we start a new one? Post a picture of the test kit, and then your review of how well it works (color wise, etc.). I am out of town this weekend, but I would post all my lamotte kits when I get back. I would be interested in reading that post, if you do end up finding it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
test kits

Yep, Roger Miller posted a some great info on the Hach test kits on the wet thumbs forums. great stuff..just serach under hach or nitrate test kits

I followed Roger's awesome advice and in due fashion bit the bullet and switched over to Lamotte and Hach (phosphate and nitrate) kits and it has made ALL the difference in the world. I literally almost left the hobby because I wasnt getting results that I was expecting before have accurate testing info for feedback.

That's not to say that other kits arent accurate, just that these are accurate and very precise. Having a truly reliable test kit it the foundation for problem solving.

regards
Gilly

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bert H said:
Does anyone have any compelling reason over getting one over the other? For that matter, suggestions on best price also welcome. :D
Micranthemum umbrosum makes for a great NO3 test kit. Costs $3.85, shipping included. Hehehe.

Not what you wanted to hear, but :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got off the phone with Hach and ordered the NO3 kit. It cost a little more than the Lamotte, but I liked the idea of sealed pouches for the chemicals and the color wheel seemed to me easier to read than to compare to a packaged color standard. I'll be real curious to see how far off my testing has been.

You know, I used to have M. umbrosum, but got fed up with how hard it was to keep it in the gravel, since it developed no roots to speak of. Perhaps I should have toughed it out, huh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts