Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well, 2 things.

I know you do Hort. stuff so can youdo all your testing at work:) As for the Ph difference, did you test right fromt he tank with the Hagen? If you took water to work, then it would have lost much of its CO2, causing it ot be less acidic thus having a higher pH. To really check it, take 2 samples from the aquarium and let them sit open over night, then test them both at the same time with both tests. I am sure you know that though, if you work in a lab:) For deciently priced pH, kH and Gh, Aquarium Pharm. would be adequate and pretty cheap. As for NO3 or PO4, I have heard good things about Red Sea and SeaChem but I have never had good luck with those types (not brands) of test kits. I just dose partly by Estimative index and partly by watching my plants. If you want good NO3 and PO4, I recommend buying the best you can afford or you will just be wasting your money and frustrating yourself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.