Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in October of 2009 the DFWAPC had a meeting at our house. One of the orders of business was the initial set up of a little 3.5gal all glass tank. You all will recognize the hardware. Anyway, it still sits on my desk. And I am becoming right fond of the little guy. I thought I would share a little...

Here is the initial Setting up process, King Niko presiding...
_IGP2392 by Bill, just Bill, on Flickr

_IGP2405 by Bill, just Bill, on Flickr

We used Black Diamond for substrate. The tank came with a 10k light. We subsequently changed out the bulb and put a black background on it. Basically, that's all we have done from then 'til now (save minor tweaking). It is very low tech and undemanding. (unlike all other creatures living under my roof.)

Here are a few pics of where it is now...

_IGP1043 by Bill, just Bill, on Flickr

_IGP1045 by Bill, just Bill, on Flickr

_IGP1047 by Bill, just Bill, on Flickr

_IGP1053 by Bill, just Bill, on Flickr

Here is a link to the Flicker Photostream for this set. I'll try to keep this updated.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
This tank has really turned out pretty. His shrimp are breeding like rabbits. We just introduced another line into the tank to keep genetics strong. He has little babies all over the place. He's been culling the clean ones and putting them in his big tank. There are tons of plants so it is conceivable that some can survive. I will say that the baby kribs are mighty hunters, so who knows...

He has 3 nerites in here that keep his rock pretty clean of algae. He has a nice view when he's working at his desk. :D

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Very Nice! I like the layout and the simplicity, and that rock is great; lots of surface area...

I have neglected my pico at the office, but it's still my favorite and least demanding, though I have removed all but the smallest of life-forms (mostly ostracods, daphnia, the tiny ramshorn snail species and tiny white worms). Still just using 3 plant species...

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
If you watch the above video you can see the baby fish that just appeared in this tank. I think he enjoys eating all the baby shrimp. Any guesses that it might be a blue congo? There must have been an egg stuck on the Hydrocoytle that Bill added.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts