Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I asked Nate about creating a forum for us, I didn't think it was going to be this quick. Oops... shoulda known better.

Most of you guys probably recognize my name as I've been haunting this site for about a year now, posting now and then. I've noticed that the Lansing (Michigan) area is devoid of fish clubs altogether, until a month or so ago, when the Mid-Michigan Reef Club was formed. Of course, I'm not going to let those salt types get too out of hand, so I got serious about starting a club. So far, the only members who have APC names are Krista (LuvRainbows) and me, but that will be changing soon as this is probably the best way for my members to get to know each other.

If there are any Lansing area folks out there who are interested in coming to meetings, please let me know. The next date is still up in the air, so if you have a preference, I can take it into consideration. Just PM me or say hi on AIM if I'm on.

Thanks for offers to help, as well... I really appreciate it. My boyfriend (was president of the Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society for a few years) has been really good with advice, as well. I'm excited about finally having an organization in town that I can direct people to when they want more support as hobbyists (I work in a pet store) as well as having an arena where I can communicate with fellow hobbyists on a friendly level, instead of the more formal store atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Sounds great, although I can't recall your name ;) I have been to the petstore (preuss) in haslett many times, considering it is about 4-5 minutes away. I usually come in there and check out anything that's interesting for my tank, and then get what I need.

If I am not to busy and have transporation, I would love to go to the meetings.

Edit: Hey, by any chance would you think a website would be a good idea? Have dates for meetings, what are the meetings about, etc ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Edit: Hey, by any chance would you think a website would be a good idea? Have dates for meetings, what are the meetings about, etc ...[/QUOTE]

Yes...that's actually on the agenda. We have to get things organized first =)

By the way... I'm Krista! Nice to see you posting here as well.

Krista

1 - 4 of 4 Posts